Tuesday, December 2

When?


I don't know how to react to the recent terror attacks. It's been a week and every thing that could be said about the tragedy has already been said. You had statements that were dignified and full of remorse others that were burning with anger and some that came from insensitive and tactless assholes.

I guess like many more, as I watched the horror unfold, there was a nagging empty feeling that grew inside me, a certain helplessness of knowing that this heartbreak would repeat itself soon enough. And going by the recent past the next event would be even more audacious and deadly.

Nothing will really change, a few political heads will roll but will be replaced with similar idiots.

I guess as a society we have lost the individual gumption to do something that would lead to a larger change. We gave the world a man that shook the foundations of the British Empire simply because he was thrown out of a train. How many Gandhi's will emerge from the scores that were injured, or the hundreds that lost family or the millions that watched the tragedy on television?

As citizens we should stop concentrating only on demanding a government 'for' the people and realise that it must also be 'of and by' the people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment