Sometimes you look at someone, and you say to yourself, "God, she is pretty!" It's an ordinary thing to say. But what if you have known her for years, and the loveliness escaped you all this while? I guess then you feel stupid, like I did.
You know there are some people that make it so easy for you to hate them. Have you ever gone on to be nice to any such person? Like, really really nice? And that too for a sustained period of time? I did.
Try it, it's a strange feeling. Something like when you sit awkwardly and your butt goes to sleep. We all like that, don't we? Well, at least I do. And I remember this friend of mine from school did too. Of course now he isn't my friend.
You MUST listen to this song. And this one too. Both from Dev D. Oh well this one too. Thank God for Amit Trivedi! As for Dev D, I think I am going to stick my neck out and say it will be a great film. There is a limit to how far you can ruin a classic! But then I read this review for the movie on a website and now I am not sure. But I really hope it's a great movie.
Oh, also listen to this and this (Slumdog Millionaire) and this from Delhi 6.
And if you like the music, and by now trust my judgment and good taste, read this book - Insects Are Just Like You And Me Except Some Of Them Have Wings - Kuzhali Manickavel . And even if you think I'm a crass idiot, still read it. It's a risk worth taking. Words will climb out of the pages of this magically fascinating book and fill your head with exquisite thoughts you have never ever had before. Every bit of it is so lyrically imaginative you'll want to remember it forever. And days later you actually do recall the beauty, you'll be sitting in the middle of another mundane day at work and a smile will appear from nowhere.
I came across it by chance; and read it for the first time as I walked back home from the book shop. It turned out to be one of those books that makes your heart sink as you reach the end. You wish that somehow it went on forever. Since then I have read it haphazardly, here and there, in no particular order. In fact I have found that I enjoy it much more this way.
Much against my normal self I wrote to the author expressing how wonderful I thought her book was. Honest to God that was the only intention. And I thought it would be cool to ask her to visit the blog. Which she did. But I only meant it like I tell everyone else. Of course when you send such an invite to an author, you can't help but come across as someone who said all those nice and kind words only so that she would read what I have written here. So she left me a few tips on getting some of what I write here published. Of course that's not what I wanted.
Have you gotten yourself into situations that clearly offer no chance of escaping? I have. Often. But then I have observed the best way to get out is to just allow some time to pass. Depending on the complexity of the situation and the intricacy/foolishness of the fuck up you'll need to apply more or less time.
Have you ever seen a man with sadness hanging in lumps under his chin? Neither have I.


4 comments:
Where's the story fool? ?
And stop giving us dirty details of yoyr love for your bum! Gross!! Ewwww. :)
and is this the one you were talking about? i like the cover. the insect near 'some' and the one besides the author's name. funny.
give me after you finish.
btw why did you change it to Abu's Bag from the Bag?
The Story? Well, its WIP. Can't seem to get started, plus don't know.. It doesn't seem as promising as it once did.
Anyway. What the hell? I'll just write it over the weekend.
Did you listen to the songs? Aren't they brilliant? esp. the Dev D ones?
What's so gross about being fond of a numbass? hehe
ya, thats the book i was telling you about. read it. and get your own copy!!
Oh well I named it Abu's Bag because it was clashing with The Big Bang. :) I am just supremely jobless.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder my friend - so I guess subconsciously you're willing to recognize beauty! Ha.. too much theorizing.
I've been advertising all those albums/ songs to everyone - and I'm glad Rahman is getting the recognition he deserves.
Good post!
hey angad..
how've you been??
yes.. brilliant music!!! esp. Dev D. fresh new sound. read the book too whenever you come across it..
glad you liked the post.. :)
Post a Comment