Friday, March 27

Unboring Oneself for the Really Lazy. 1.1


On an average day I have at least ten such conversations with different people.

Me: Hey..

Me: You there?

(End)

Me: *cries bitterly*

I also have ten of these –

Me: Hey..

People: (Oh..) What’s up?

Me: Nothing much. You tell me..

People: Nothing much. Bored!!

Me: Okay..

(End)

Me: *yawns*

It’s really true. Everyone seems bored all the time. So I decided to do something about it. Why, you ask? Well, I guess it’s only because I’m awesome. And also I have nothing to do for large bits of my life, during which I have collected much scattered brilliance.

So let’s say your day is really slow and horrible, what better way to brighten it up than with a bit of song and dance? No no.. You don’t have to sing or dance – these cool animated people will do it for you. A bit of a warning though, you might feel like it’s never going to end, but it does. So just enjoy it.

Okay, so hopefully that’s woken you up a bit.

Do you know that “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.” is a grammatically correct sentence? Don’t trust me. Well go here; they will even tell you why!

Now for some real (reflex) action. This will really jolt you our of any remnant drowsiness, and if you are competitive enough it will keep you going for a bit.

Do you know that reservoirs of negative feelings are unhealthy for you? They slow you down and life seems significantly less colourful. Well, this is a very interesting site. You can write about a person you no longer speak to. And why you got to that point. Alternatively you can read a random stranger narrate his cheerless story. Or her. Apparently it’s supposed to help a lot, this venting. I have just added it for novelty.

Aah. What’s a boring day without swatting flies? And this one comes with high scores et al.

Sometime the best way to spend a few minutes is randomly tracing unintelligent patterns with your mouse. Well this place makes it a fun few minutes.

So after watching a live performance, tranquilizing sheep, swatting flies, tracing with amoebic friends, and reading sob stories your brain must really be on full throttle? How about writing a one sentence story? It’s a hugely popular site. Though you might wonder why that’s so; looking at the stories themselves.

Still getting published there could be fun?

Well this place is for the cool-hunter, and it’s called the coolhunter too! Parts of it are utterly brilliant. The architecture, design, and art bits especially. Good place if you want to spend a little time browsing photographs.

Listen to this song on Youtube, even if it's the only thing you do on the list...

And read this super funny Dinosaur Comic that uses the same animation for every strip.

Aah. And as a grand finale, and if you still have a lot of time, go here. Arguably the most awesome place in the whole wide web.


11 comments:

donscave said...

blv it or not i log onto that last link everytime i have coffee in office [2 times a day!] .. decent timepass i say

slowtumblinglife said...

The most awesome place??

*sniff* what can i say?

:)

Prakash Bhatt said...

I was really getting bored. I started reading your blog then I killed sheeps n Flies. My boss caught me doing all this crap. Now, I have lots of work to do. Thanks to you...
I really liked the last link .....its my faourite passtime these days........

blimblop said...

cancel the lonely planet suggestion... how about the nobel prize for alleviating the boredom of drones all over the planet..

hmm?

slowtumblinglife said...

bhatt - HAHAHA... hope your boss wasnt too pissed.. maybe you should send him the link to the fly swatting. you might get promoted..

BB - ya that should do, nobel prize will be fun. i will give a really vague one sentence acceptance speech.

amy said...

found you through BOTD. Good stuff. I'm one of those funny animated people. Then I blog about it too.

Nice to meet you.

slowtumblinglife said...

allo Amy,

nice to meet you too..

Scribble Ink is one awesome Cafe. :) Going to read your stories now.

Thank you for coming and hope to see you again soon..

The Comedian said...

Sheep game reminds me of this game called Sven... look it up... :)

slowtumblinglife said...

hmm.. is it free?

SandyaS said...

hi.. came across ur blog while browsing thru.. cool stuffs in here.. and the last one ofcourse.. :D :D ;-)

slowtumblinglife said...

Hey Sandya, thanks for dropping by.. And glad you enjoyed yourself..

Come again.. :)

Post a Comment