Wednesday, March 25

Conversations With Cookie - The Grass is Greener on the Other Side


Me: My life defies meaning. You have it so much easier!

Cookie: Why?

Me: Is that a question? You are a dog. You have no responsibilities. You are fed. You potty in the open and others clean up after you. I have to work. Somedays I like it, somedays I don't, most days I can't tell. I may have a family soon and then my life and freedom will be chained in all sorts of responsibilities. If I don't have a family, I'll feel even worse. Society will laugh at me. No one expects you to do anything, you just have to exist. And people care for you simply because you have a tail and a high propensity to lick us when we are feeling low.

Cookie: Somedays I want to have pasta instead of ruddy Pedigree. And pottying in the open is your idea of freedom? I'd be willing to slave as a stupid librarian for pasta and a little privacy.

Me: You dont get it.

Cookie: Stop whining ALL the time!

Me: We'll see who whines when there will be no cheese falling from the dinner table. Stupid Dog!

Cookie: *wags tail*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

(takes a bow) well, hello ladies..

Narendra shenoy said...

Enjoyed this!

slowtumblinglife said...

Thanks..

Anonymous said...

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)


Your award will go live sometime on March 28, 2009


Award Code

Thank you,


Bill Austin

slowtumblinglife said...

Oh great! Thanks..

donscave said...

Start family soon ... errr...whats that a contraceptive malfunction?

slowtumblinglife said...

dude??!

of the entire conversation im glad thats your primary concern/takeaway..

donscave said...

i say anything else and ull accuse me of hitting on cookie...

slowtumblinglife said...

haha.. thats true..

Post a Comment