Sunday, March 15

Bloggy Love


I don't know how it is with other bloggers, but in my case nothing makes my day like a sudden spurt in traffic. And yet I do fairly little to actually take this blog to people. Or I do a lot with a few people, those I think I can bug and get away with, and nothing otherwise.

So you can understand, my total delight when I received this award by Adaelamoon over at Ruminations. Oh and she wrote some fine things about this place. Do visit her blog, it's only a month old but already there's much terrific stuff to be read.


And, now it's my turn to spread some Bloggy Love -

1. BLIMBLOP - Her first post was the very epitome of profound brevity. "Yada Yada Yada," she said. And then the women just wouldn't stop talking. She'd write two posts between lunch and dinner, and one just before she slept. And they were all brilliant. Her blog is mostly about lizards, Bombay, her office, and Rats. Its perfect. Do visit. Leave her a string of curses for not writing often enough lately, even though she is now the somewhat proud owner of a laptop. (She took six months to decide on buying one, six months to decide the model and then three months to go to the store.)

2. Balls On A Rampage - A Dystopian Take on Life - Uddhav will go down in history as the man who downloaded all of Cinema. Also, before I met him, people who followed their dreams were only characters in books. When you get to know him you will know what I mean and you will admire him for that. What I like most about his blog, is the honesty. It stares you in the face. I wish someday I could match him there.

3. The Delhicate Constitution - On some blog somewhere, he is listed under Too Kewl to Blog Anymore. Which is true, he is fairly busy these days. But go there, he has been blogging for years, and you can pick any random post to read and you'll love it. Plus he has a list of awesome Blogs which I use every other day.

4. No Longer the Elastic Retreat - A New Chapter - I just visited this a few weeks ago, but its a brilliant blog. Found it on my aimless meanderings across the internet. And now I go there fairly often, just trying to finish reading his previous posts.

5.
Autobiography of An Ordinary Man - Another blog I chanced upon. You must read his posts, they are more hilarious than anything else I have read in a long time. And he writes really often.

6. Donscave - The Don - he once kept his stuff private, then I abused the shit out of him, now you can visit. It's really an incredible collection of posts, that takes you through his life. Now if only he'd write more often.

So that's that. Hope this will increase the quality of you life online.

Oh and consider yourself awarded the Superior Scribbler Award by your very own Slowtumblinglife. You are supposed to pass this on and all, but all's cool if you don't.

If this doesn't make you feel too awesome, let me just tell you that I spent Sunday doing brilliant things like having Malted Chocolate Fudge ice cream, then cutting my toenails, I saved them from last Sunday when I cut my fingernails (what planning), then I cut Cookie's toenails (all of them), and now I am waiting for Roadies to start. Oh I also had a routine Blood Test, just for kicks (almost).

It's an honour, just to know me? Aww.

10 comments:

3L said...

Congratulations. You deserve it. I will try to check them all out.

slowtumblinglife said...

Thank you!! And you are welcome to check them all out..

blimblop said...

ugh.. i wish you'd warned me.. i'm tempted to do a quick spelling and grammar check :)

and quit the badgering. i have 6 posts on my brand new laptop all itching to be posted..

just waiting for the internet to come.. thus begins a new cycle of procrastination..

many thanks..

best.

slowtumblinglife said...

6?? what a liar!!!

oh and don't lie about the spell check.. im sure you did it thrice before posting..

donscave said...

oh bloddy hell....its not been pvt since u last harangued me about it!!!...now ive to write more often!

slowtumblinglife said...

is that so?? hm..

guess my evil mind works fine even without trying..

write you lazy tatti ke gole.. what do you do in your free time in hyd? it couldnt be much better than here..

AD said...

STL - appreciate the blog link...
Cheers

slowtumblinglife said...

Cheers!!

adaelamoon said...

All of Sunday without my pastels. Left me plenty of time to ramble and putter around on my blog.

And oh.. I forgot to tell my awardees they had been awarded. I knew I was gonna flub that somehow! Thank you for your fine example.. and for "terrific" :-D

slowtumblinglife said...

Oh that HAS to be done?? I didnt know either..

did it because for some strange reason i imagined people could be sore over being linked randomely..

oh and yes..

terrific is such a terrific word!

Post a Comment