Friday, May 1

Conversations With Cookie - On the Other Realm


"Necessary Conditions for the Existence of this Heaven Place"

Cookie: What's the big deal with Heaven, anyway?

Me: Across cultures and all through history it's described as some type of peaceful life after death. A place of happiness, sometimes eternal happiness.

Cookie: Okay. And where exactly is "Heaven?"

Me: Popular view is that it exists as a place over the clouds and that God is above, watching over man.

Cookie: Like a physical place?

Me: Um..

Cookie: That would be friggin' brilliant though! Right? You could be a bum all your life and then "technology" could take you there!! In your face, GOD!!!

Me: I don't think that's how it works. It's..

Cookie: Say, Heaven must have existed forever right? Before religion and all?

Me: I guess, yes. That sounds fair.

Cookie: You know, suddenly, I don't have a good feeling about this. I mean it's difficult to believe there's this place floating above our heads, just like that. And it's big enough for every person ever, the ALL-TIME cumululative total population of the planet through history. Which is nearly 145 billion people plus a lot of dogs.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

May day, May day.......

slowtumblinglife said...

hmm?

donscave said...

why is cookie off-color today?

slowtumblinglife said...

must be the heat..

or the pressure of making sense of religion..

slowtumblinglife said...

145 billion is the total populatin of the world.. cumulative

currently we have only 6.7 billion people!

imagine how crowded the heavens must be!!

cookie is an ACE if you ask me.. when it comes to asking the right questions.. and getting cool info from wikipedia..

The Comedian said...

"I think we play saxaphone for an all-girls cabaret in New Orleans"

slowtumblinglife said...

aah. so you believe in heaven!!

donscave said...

wow ur evolving in creativity...and ur blog is reflecting it :-P

nice colors...kinda reminds me of the colors in the DevD promo material..wallpapers etc

But nice youthful upbeat feel to it...like light at the end of the tunnel!!

The Comedian said...

Call it what you may :)


Nice header for the blog... I have to look at changing mine too....

Narendra shenoy said...

Only one word - Brilliant!

slowtumblinglife said...

thank you..

thats motivation enough for - Still on The Other Realm

Post a Comment