Monday, April 20

Conversations with Cookie - On Being a Dog (Why it Sucks, Sometimes)


Cookie: Do you have an ALL-TIME favourite person?

Me: Mm Hmm.

Cookie: No?

Me: No.

Cookie: Okay.

Cookie: Canis Familiaris. Cookie Canis Lupus Familiaris is my name, hereby and herewith. A lover of cheese, mango and all types of meat. Also, avante-garde philosopher. The flamboyant symbol of the angst-ridden yet thinking Modern Dog. And in her spare time, a beacon of global peace and hope.

Cookie: Phew.

Me: Yes.

Cookie: Anyway, I have had enough of you and others of your ilk. I don't care whether you say anything or not.

Cookie: What I do care about is Beetroots.

Cookie: Beta Vulgaris. (Vulgaris, ehehehehee) Beetroot can be peeled, steamed, and then eaten warm with butter as a delicacy; cooked, pickled, and then eaten cold as a condiment; or peeled, shredded raw, and then eaten as a salad. The Romans used beetroot as a treatment for debilitating constipation, and also as an aphrodisiac. Which makes this humble root a kinky resident of the culinary world. Its use also threw up the phrase, 'take favours in the beetroot field' which hints at visiting prostitutes. Betacyanin in beetroot may cause red urine in some people who are unable to break it down. This is called beeturia. (Red urine, ehehehehee)

Me: Yeah I know. I love you too.

Cookie: Go to the beetroot fields.. For all of your life!!

6 comments:

donscave said...

im convinced cookie is your alterego

slowtumblinglife said...

maybe.. maybe not.

coming up.

Torture: An Educational Affair

virgo27 said...

yea, is it your alterego?

slowtumblinglife said...

err no, really no.

her views her hers too. im just a remarkable translator of random barking, whining and sometimes farts (only dogs).

:)

donscave said...

what does cookie think of Bo Obama?

slowtumblinglife said...

Portueguese Water Dogs can swim. I dont know if I can. once as a kid though i found myself in the bathing tub.. which is a long story for so early in the morning..

he is the First Pup, so id definitely consider meeting him. only if Air Force 1 and Caviar-Pedigree is involved.

but a dog selected only because he's allegedly hypoallergenic is bound to grow up to be crippled by a lot of existential questions..

like me. i am here only because the a/c mechanic didnt know what to do with an unnanounced litter.

Post a Comment