Cookie: So how come you never posted this weekend?
Me: Um. I was busy..
Cookie: You were watching FRIENDS!! (Could he be more lame?) And then you bloody slept for four hours in the evening. And you didn't even cook...
Me: Huh? Well. Well, I couldn't think of anything worthwhile after The Countdown. In fact I can't think at all. And I have run out of books. There isn't any new music. And it's too hot.
Cookie: I know what you mean, though. Writing is like that. Comes and goes. Everything that's lovely is but a brief, dreamy kind delight. Aah. Yeats...
Me: Um. Hmm.
Cookie: What are you typing? Are you using this for a post?
Me: No, I'm sending a letter.
Cookie: I could have said something more worthwhile if you said you were..
Me: Um. I was busy..
Cookie: You were watching FRIENDS!! (Could he be more lame?) And then you bloody slept for four hours in the evening. And you didn't even cook...
Me: Huh? Well. Well, I couldn't think of anything worthwhile after The Countdown. In fact I can't think at all. And I have run out of books. There isn't any new music. And it's too hot.
Cookie: I know what you mean, though. Writing is like that. Comes and goes. Everything that's lovely is but a brief, dreamy kind delight. Aah. Yeats...
Me: Um. Hmm.
Cookie: What are you typing? Are you using this for a post?
Me: No, I'm sending a letter.
Cookie: I could have said something more worthwhile if you said you were..


7 comments:
do u really have a dog called cookie or is it ur alterego?
she could be..
she huh...
:-)
'she' could be my dog.. she is in fact..
interesting. i like your blog, so much that i've become a follower. when you get the chance, check out my blog at www.homebodyblogger.com. perhaps become a follower too. thanks and i will be back.
hey. thanks!!
Post a Comment